Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Clock is Ticking Down

I may have mentioned I am moving towards, a new teaching position, just maybe. Well I am! Any I could not be more excited!! Honestly, I didn't realize just how unhappy I have been since graduating college until this new prospect became available. Where, your ask? No worries in due time.
 
 Until then, I'm going to keep teaching my little ducks, keep working towards my healthy goals and pack. Seriously, I always wait until the last minute to start packing because deep down I'm happy with the current situation and hesitant about the new, BUT I'm not moving for over a month and last week I already moved half my closet back into my parents place ( Clue #1).
 So again my goals, which I'll keep you posted on until the final reveal:
1.) Keep teaching and learning!
Since testing is over, I can teach what I want and love (shhh, but I already did anyways) without getting in trouble. This means bringing in all the historical background, focusing on characters with in depth lessons and assigning projects that result in massive presentations.

 

2.)Knock off some pounds!
 I was able to keep off 2lbs. for over 2 months with just a bit of focus then in one family weekend I managed to gain 3lbs. That is a pound for every day I was visiting! So I'm back to my 1200 calories a day- no worries, I drink an energy, protein smoothie in the morning that has tons of nutrients and kick. And even though I canceled my gym membership I've starting using my school's weight room to get back at my fighting weight. I used this past week to jump start and plan to buckle down this week. So excited to reach my goals.
 
3.)Start moving!
 Yes, I have to move back in with my parents. No, not one person is excited about this adventure. But man am I thankful. I need to save money in the thousands category  (Clue#2) while at the same time spending money for my TEFL Course (Clue#3) and my Spanish lessons (Clue#4). Plus it'll be nice to spend copious amounts of time together before I move on to my next teaching adventure!
 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to watch as you explore. I will be not so secretly very very jealous. You can bet on that.

    And sadly, extreme stress and deep down unhappiness just comes with the territory of too much work and too little personal time. :( At least it did for me. Have fun being "Summer Dev'n" and maybe "Summer Dev'n" can hang around all year while you make the big jump.
    Ole!

    ReplyDelete