Monday, April 28, 2014

Fort Worth: New Eats and Old Friends

Fort Worth= Steers!
A quick dash to Fort Worth last week was just the pick me up the doctor didn't order. Just a little update, I have still not been able to get in to see a neurologist for the champagne bottle issue.
I cannot figure out if there are just not enough neurologist or if there are just that many head injuries- let's hope for anything that falls on the side of a low amount of head injuries.

Anyways Fort Worth was great, and seeing old friends was even better. I stopped by my old school and saw all the folks that made me happy to come to work everyday.
Then hung out with friends around town and caught up on life. Fort Worth has grown since I first posted about it, so we did plenty of eating around town.
 Not going to lie I was disappointed in all places, but two! One burger place didn't even give you a side of fries without you paying extra- could have sworn fries and a burger equal America. Correct me if I'm wrong. One of the places was under construction when I was there and opened soon after I left sadly. However, here's a quick breakdown of places I will definitely be visiting again, as soon as possible.  
The Bearded Lady:
I've been seeing this place pop up all over my friends Instagrams and Facebook pages, which had me craving a place I'd never visited simply from photos.
After eating a burger with no fries we headed over to the Bearded Lady for drinks and I ate a whole round of fried tomatoes by myself. The sauce. So good. While the name and setting would make you think that it was "hipster hangout 101" there was a blend of cultures and backgrounds enjoying the food, atmosphere, jukebox and game on at the bar. I would suggest this place to all, and the outside patio will be calling my name come summertime.
Everyone's Local Hangout
 
When the sun rose I headed to Stir Crazy Baked Goods for some breakfast, not once, but twice. And this too was good. First I enjoyed a chia cupcake, it melted in my mouth.
 
Then I went all out and doubled up with a sweet roll and the daily quiche. All I can say is thank goodness for folks who appreciate buttercream icing and understand a flakey crust. I will definitely be visiting on my next trip.
 Should you be heading to Fort Worth anytime soon I'd suggest a pop into either place or both, I promise you will not regret the deliciousness!
 

Until next time, Adios, Hasta Pronto, and Be blessed  . . .
Old Friends and Good Times
 
 
(Photo Thanks to StirCrazyBakedGoods, Fwweekly, and DMagazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment